Popular Post

editors v. bloggers

Here's an interesting article on a recent Elle editors panel discussion where they discussed fashion bloggers. I think they're maybe being a little hard on bloggers like Tavi and BryanBoy, but I do agree that it's not fair when editors are pushed to the second row so that bloggers can be put in the first row.

I think fashion blogging is the reality TV of the fashion industry. It's like outsider art. It's fun and entertaining, but fashion bloggers are not (usually) trained and educated industry professionals and we will, I think we should all admit, sell out pretty quickly if it means getting exposure. I will never think I'm better or more deserving of respect than the editors of magazines like Elle, Vogue, Nylon, W, etc.

Read the article here at fashionologie.com