Popular Post

new york fall fashion week 2009, take 1

I've spent the better part of today going through images from the first few days of New York Fashion Week (up until yesterday's images), combing through the dull and the usual to get to the good stuff.

So far, my favorite collections have been Alexander Wang's and Threeasfour's:





Alexander Wang (first three) says he got his inspiration for his collection from Michelle Pfeiffer's librarian turned latex-wearing bad ass Cat Woman in "Batman Returns." Gabriel Asfour, Angela Donhauser and Adi Gil, the designers behind Threeasfour (last three), tossed around the idea of organic geometry in their collection of angular tailoring and oversize embellishments.


Other favorite pieces from favorite collections:


Charlotte Ronson

Moving away from the girly, flirty clothing of collections past, it seems like Charlotte is getting style tips from her sister Sam, who favors edgier skinny jeans and leather jackets (and Lindsay Lohan, to boot).



Ohne Titel

This Fashion Week is my first introduction to the duo behind Ohne Titel, Alexa Adams and Flora Gill. I love the combination of tough and sleek. That first look makes me want to slit the knees of my liquid leggings. 


Koi Suwannagate


Jillian Lewis, Ruffian

The Ruffian collection was full of amazing body stockings that made me really want to stock up on lace gloves and tights.


Rag & Bone, Poleci

I think the asymmetrical one-shoulder dress is the new go-to shape. This Rag & Bone one is very similar to the fabulous Balmain one that Lou Doillon was seen in.


Iris Loeffler

I want to call this Loeffler collection: My Friends Are Cooler Than Your Friends.

Images via WWD and Style