Popular Post

DIY The Perfect LBD?

I'd like to introduce you to one of the fruits of my first visit to the tailor in Shenzen. Nothing too out there on my maiden voyage. Thought it best to test the waters. The search for the perfect little black dress has been a long and arduous one. I must have about 10 black dresses in my wardrobe (I was banned from buying them for a while there) but none of them are that perfect dress that works in any situation and will take you from work to a party to a dinner to your divorce court proceedings with ease.When I went up to Shenzen recently, I decided it was high time I got one made in the shape, style and fabric I wanted. Having obviously done a lot of hands on research on the subject of black dresses, it wasn't hard to come up with this one. It has really nice paneling on the front and a lovely cinched in waist. Will probably wear it with sheer spotted or opaque tights for work. It's such a lovely shape I'll probably get it made in a few other colours and a longer version too.

Post update: in response to your comments and emails - the dress is a silk crepe material with a light horizontal pattern and it has a V back with a bronze exposed zip. I chose the fabric in the fabric hall and then drew up the pattern at the tailors using a couple of examples (pics and dresses I had with me). It took a week to get made (its perfect). I'm looking forward to showing you the spoils of my last trip once they are ready.
Wearing: Handmade dress, reiss mesh heels.